2/8/09

DEATH to Crisp Rice cereal

You're going to have to get some background to appreciate this story. 
Mom usually does not eat breakfast because it feels to early to eat. Dad eats at some obscene hour like 5:30, and the twins have breakfast at about six thirty before getting on the school bus.
Alex eats whenever he feels like it, usually he waits for me, and I get up at around 8 (plus or minus a few hours), eat, then shower. So we don't have a "breakfast time" at our house, so we usually have cereal to eat which makes sense. 
Dad has his own special cereal in his own special cupboard, so we four kids are the only ones who eat our cereal. Alex had some behaviour issues a while back [:P] and Mom and Dad tried taking him off of sugar, so they bought this large box of crisp rice cereal, a rip-off of rice crispies. 
He did alright about eating it, but when it was about half-gone (or half full, if you are optimistic) Taylor did a fund-raiser with some rice crispy treats. The left-over cereal got dumped into our CR box, filling it back up.
At this point, we all got sick of it and stopped eating it. However, our parents wouldn't buy more cereal with a full box in the pantry. So we went on "strike" and didn't eat breakfast except when Mom made toast or something. 
This went on for over two months, maybe three or four. 
But then, a daring young lad named Scott had had enough. He ate mountains of Crisp Rice for two days straight, until....

It was no more. 



Well, there was that much left, but we don't talk about it. I would have died if I finished it all.

This morning, me and my siblings enjoyed some nice Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Trix.

5 comments:

  1. Scott!!! I laughed so hard! This is hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite post ever! Way to take one for the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you on your feat of strength my young brother

    -G-

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am impressed!! you are taking the role of big brother in stride :) but the question is, what are you little brothers and sister going to do to repay you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah you're the bomb. I don't know which is more awesome...that you led a coup d'etat on your parents (good leadership but you had to kjnow you were destined for failure) or that you wolfed down the box in two days.

    I would like to participiate in some revisionist history and say what actually happened is that you ate the entire box in one sitting, threw a little but of it back up (see picture 3 because I really thought that's what it was at first) and then champed it and ate it all anyway.

    Way to go little brother :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment <3